Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thankful


I know, it is already the 10, so I am behind on the things I am thankful for, if I want to take part of the 30 day challenge, which I'm not going to be.  I will however, for now list a few things that I am thankful for.  In my last post I wrote I wanted my life to be about more than endo, adeno, PCOS, low reserve, and infertility.  I noticed getting up today and running some errands I had a better attitude.  I was in pain since my time of shedding pints of blood at once has arrived, but at least I felt content with life.

I don't know if that feeling had to do with urging myself to be reminded of the good in my life, or if it was because I was doing Christmas gift shopping and I absolutely love Christmas and all that it entails.  I even met with a pregnant friend and talk about her baby shower, and felt okay.  Tonight while baking cookies I suddenly felt that pain of infertility hit hard.  As I sit here with heating bad on back, and the laptop in front for it's added warmth I decided it was time to remember a blessing I have!

As corny as it may sound, I will have to post my first thankful post for my husband.  A man who is always there for me, even in my darkest hour.  Who shares in my pain of infertility, yet is sincerely content in the fact that I am all he needs.  His presence in any room as the ability to make me feel light. A hug is all it takes to remind me that together we will make it through whatever life may throw our way.  I am in awe over the fact that there are so many days that my pain takes over and I become utterly useless in so many ways.  He still comes home after a long and stressful day at work, always willing to stop for dinner, and come home to a wife unable to do anything for him.  He deserves so much more than what I can do for him, yet he has never once complained. He is a man who treats me with just as much love as the days I am able to play the "good wife" role.  I am forever blessed with this man, and I never even want to imagine walking this journey without him by my side.  Hand in hand I know our life will be filled with much love!

"Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; it is not arrogant or rude." -1 Corinthians 13:4

No comments:

Post a Comment