Wednesday, April 6, 2011

PCOS is added to the List

I drove to Fresno yesterday to have my ultrasound done.  I got a bit of a late start and find out as I am stopping at the post office to send off a letter, that my husband has forgotten his lunch and would like to me please bring it to him.  No problems at all, Turlock is on the way to Fresno, but like I said, I had gotten a bit of a late start, so I had to now drive a little out of my way.  Thankfully even with that detour I ended up at my doctors at 10:56 with an appointment time of 11.  I went in to get my ultrasound and was out of there by 11:20.  It was kind of a bummer that a two hour drive only gave me a 20 minute appointment, but I love the doctor I have, so it is worth it. 


I apologize now for some of my readers who do not personally know me.  I will not be sharing a lot about my appointment.  There is still some information that my husband and I want to keep limited..  Since I have people who know me I must keep some of the sharing quiet.  I am keeping a journal outside of the Internet world so that when we feel it is the right time I can update everyone on everything I went through.  As far as the infertility part of things, there was some forward motion, but not a lot to make a good judgment, so I have to go back on Thursday to see how things look.  That means that we are not moving forward.  I am not disappointed because I am glad that I am at least not moving backwards.  It does seem to be possible that I can get pregnant, with the right dosage of medicine.  It may be a while have to figured that out, but it appears we will be able to figure it out.  Now we must work on making sure I will not miscarry once they get the right dosage.  I have a lot of scar tissue from an accident of my youth that I may share at some point.  My endometrial lining is too thin as well.  Hopefully with a lot of patience and God's help these things can be overcome.  I am slowly gaining back the hope I used to have.

I have not yet gotten my results from all the blood work I had done so I am not sure what all that will lead to.  I did however learn in my ultrasound that on top of my Endometriosis I also have Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome  (PCOS).  Thankfully right now it doesn't seem to be hurting anything yet, so that is a good thing.  I pray that it continues to just be a minor problem. Tomorrow I have an appointment at 10:30 for another ultrasound.  Please pray that all continues to at least somewhat move forward.  I will remain hopeful as long as things do not move backwards. 


Thank you all for reading, praying, and encouraging.  I do appreciate it.

No comments:

Post a Comment