Monday, April 11, 2011

No Insurance Coverage

I really hate insurance sometimes.  It is a love hate relationship.  I cannot understand why insurance companies and doctors want to treat each case of Endometriosis as if they are all alike.  The doctor will spend all this time explaining how each case is uniquely different, but then treat you like the last patient they had.  Other times they act as though you really don't have Endometriosis.  How many times have you been asked if you were sure you had Endo? I get so sick of it.  Do the doctors not see the stupid laparoscopy results that showed the endometrial tissue, or the ultrasounds that show massive growths of scar tissue and cyst?  Is that not proof enough?  What more do you need for the fact to hit you in the face?


Half the battle of Endometriosis, infertility, and PCOS is dealing with insurance.  Getting them to accept claims, to treat it like real disease that it is.  I just found out today that my current treatment is not covered by insurance, nor is any infertility treatment covered.  Infertility is not a "disease."  There is no health concern with it.  If I don't get pregnant, than what physical health is done?  Non, really, other than all the emotional stress it has, and all the depression it could cause.  It isn't like I am just randomly doing infertility treatment, though all the testing for infertility is covered.  How does any of this make sense?


Tonight when my husband comes home we have a lot of things to discuss and figure out.  Without the help of insurance though, financially we can't do it. I don't know what we will do, or what we can do, so the next few days will be figuring that out.


Someday maybe there will be hope that insurance and doctors will wake up and start treating each individual case, maybe then they could finally provide real help for people, until then, I don't know what to do.

2 comments:

  1. There are no words to describe how terrible it is that insurance companies make you jump through hoops and deny coverage. How is it fair on any level to have to ask yourself if we can move forward solely based on finances when there are 100s of other layers and factors to consider too. It's a disgusting industry that must change. I wish you and your husband lots of luck and strength as you embark on these difficult decisions ahead. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your support and understanding. I never have understood insurance during my battle with Endo.

    ReplyDelete