Friday, April 1, 2011

A Long Week Ends with A Lazy Afternoon

This week has been a long week.  I want to give up every going to the doctors.  I will not though.  I cannot understand how some people have ever managed to get a job.  The front desk receptionist should be able to handle their job and actually have all the information they need to get it done.  Yesterday I had to go get some blood work done.  Had a bunch of things tested, thyroid, pituitary, and multiple others.  I had called in advance to make sure I did everything I was suppose to.  I was instructed to fast, so I did.

I woke up in the morning to get ready for the day and of course since I cannot eat I am starving.  I head out so that I can get this done and eat.  I arrive at the clinic at about 10:30.  I have a horrible time finding the lab because the front desk person sent me right instead of left.  I finally make it to the lab, and go to check in.  I show them my order form of tests.  They take a look and then beginning the process of paper work.  I spend about 20 minutes with them filling out all the necessary forms and finally my order is added to the stack.  I wait in the waiting room for about 30 minutes, so now it is past 11:30 and my stomach is growling, and I get called back.  I walk over and am politely informed that one of the test I need they are unable to perform and they do not have the needed supplies to complete the test and direct me the the next possible place.

I arrive at location number two.  I provide the order page and ask before signing in and filling out paper work if they can even complete the test.  The front desk lady walks it the back where I can hear they trying to decipher what my doctor has written.  I am directed to go ahead and take a seat while they try to figure out what is written.  They spend about 10 minutes trying to decode his writing before finally calling his office.  After about 20 minutes they finally know what was written and I can begin filling out the paper work they need.  Now that everything i s ready, my arm is tied off and ready to go.  I begin to wonder what is so special about my test.

The lady pricks me and I hear a "Oh sorry, wrong spot.  One more time."  Now the needle is in and I turn back to watch.  Six vials of blood later and she is done.  Nothing fancy, no big deal.  I ask, why didn't they other place have that you do?  I get a shrug and a bit of an annoyed look with an explanation that they get this often from that place.  Guess I found my new place to go.  Though two pricks and bruise after, not sure I care about that  Now I wait for results.

I just took, my last pill today and will be going to the doctor on Tuesday to see if my ovaries are responding correctly. I am hoping that I can go at my appointment time and not get told it needs to be changed.  I am a bit nervous, but I am trying to not dwell on what might happen.  I hope and I pray that everything is responding the correct way and we can take the next step forward.

This week has been long and filled with lots of activity and little rest.  Today I am taking a day to rest.  I sat in bed most of the morning vegging out to some movies.  I love the ability to easily move the laptop around.  Today I am writing to you in the comfort of the sun, with my little Hutch stretched out beside me.  It is a lovely feeling.  Soon summer will be here in lovely California and it will be too hot to do this, so I am going to enjoy this while I can.  I plan on reading a new book that I borrowed for the rest of the afternoon.  Elixir by Hilary Duff (yes the actress from the Lizzie McGuire Series)  I have read mixed reviews on it, and was not going to read it because I thought it might be a bit young, but I have decided to take a chance.  I have read up on Hilary Duff and it appears she is actual become a mature young adult.  I hope to find this a good read.  I will let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment