Monday, January 24, 2011

Sleep is not overated!

Sleep, how much is really needed?  I always say it is overrated, but I never mean it.  I only say that because I get so little sleep.  I have had a problem sleep for as long as I can remember, but the last few weeks it seems to have gotten horrible.  I tend to only get maybe 2 hours of sleep each night.  It has left me fighting with migraines and just an overall feeling of pain and tiredness.  Due to my husband's change in jobs and change in insurance I have postponed going back to my OB/GYN and getting a follow up on my last few test.  I didn't want to start any new treatments and then have to change insurance in the middle.

Anybody with endometriosis have the same problems with sleep?  Today for the first time in at least 3 weeks I was able to get a solid 6 hours of sleep.  It was amazing.  I woke up and felt wonderful.  Sadly, a small part of me is also sad knowing that I still do not feel as well as I could.  I still have not gotten "enough" sleep.  I wonder if I ever will.  I know people with children do not get enough sleep either, but at least you have a child, and in your sleep deprived status you still feel better then on my best days.

Today is my birthday so even though I am frustrated that I can't have enough sleep I am happy that I got as much sleep as I did.  It was one of the best birthday gifts that I could have ever gotten.  That gift was slightly ruined though due to the fact that I had to drop my husband off today so that he could be out of town for a week.  It has been a bittersweet birthday so far, but I am thankful for my sleep.

If you know of anybody or if you are somebody with endometriosis I would love to hear about your story.  Please comment about how your sleep patterns have changed, or have not changed.     

No comments:

Post a Comment